Printerpoint supports manually-updated printers that cannot be accessed by a Printerpoint agent. Non-Networked Printers are currently supported for manual meter read entry. For billing purposes, a Non-Networked Printer behaves exactly as a networked printer, and any manually-entered meter reads will be used throughout the application, in billing emails and CSV exports, and in the Printerpoint API.
Creating a Non-Networked Printer
- Click “Add a printer” icon next to Customer name
- Choose “Non-Networked” from Printer Type dropdown
- Enter a Nickname for the printer (e.g. “Downstairs Color Plotter” or “HP T3500”)
- Enter a serial number or asset number in the Asset ID field (optional)
- Choose a Billing Method from the dropdown
- Click Counter - for page-based counters on small format printers
- Linear Total Counter - for linear foot-based counters on large format printers
- Print Category Counter - for application counters on large format printers (mono lines, color lines, low density, full color, premium quality image)
- Choose a customer Location (optional)
Entering Meter Reads for Non-Networked Printers
Meter reads for Non-Networked printers are added on one single page across your entire fleet.
- Click Billing from the main Printerpoint menu
- Click “Manual Meter Read Entry” (clipboard icon) from the submenu
- Select a date (default is current day)
- Enter a value for each meter read for the printer
- Click Submit
- A billing method may support more meters than you need, in this case enter 0 for the additional meters.
- Only the most recent meter read is displayed in the UI, but all manually-entered meter reads are used throughout Printerpoint