Printer Details gives you a variety of information about your printer in one place. Click on a printer in the left-hand column and you're presented with details specific to that printer. The Printer Details page provides printer-specific data regarding health, resource usage and network connectivity.
The basics about your printer. You can edit the following fields:
- Printer name - A nickname for you to identify the printer
- IP address - The current IP address. Note: If your printer is using DHCP, we will update this field when we detect a change in the IP address.
- Asset ID: Optional field to enter an asset tag number or other identifier. If you are integrating Printerpoint with an ERP or other outside system, use the same Asset ID across your systems to ensure information is transferred correctly.
- Agent name: If you have more than one Printerpoint Agent installed at a customer's location, you can choose which agent communicates with your printer.
- Location: If your customer has more than one physical location where printers are installed, you can set the location name here. The location name is used for shipping addresses, service alerts and billing reports.
The following information is read from the printer and is not editable.
- Hostname - If your printer is set up with a DNS hostname, we will report this name. If your printer is using DHCP instead of a static IP address, DNS is required.
- Model - The printer's model name
- Serial number - The printer's serial number
- Firmware - The firmware version running on the printer
- Total counter - Total lifetime paper usage of this printer. If your printer supports multiple counters for different print job types, media, ink, etc, only the "total" paper counter is displayed here. Detailed counters are found in the Billing section of Printerpoint
- Last check in - How long it has been since Printerpoint received new information from this printer
Alerts, service notifications like preventive maintenance kit status if your printer reports that kind of stuff...
Ink/Toner Levels & Inventory
What's actually IN your printer? Here's a quick glance at the current ink/toner levels of your printer as well as current inventory. Media, Ink and toner can all be configured in Printerpoint to help you track their inventory levels. We'll use your chosen levels on-hand and when to reorder to alert you. This information is also seen, with more details, on the Supplies details page of each printer.